Here are the latest Porsche cars available in India
Founded by Ferdinand Porsche in Germany. The first car ever manufactured by Porsche was the Porsche 64 in 1938 from the machinery of the VW Battle. The first sports car of the company was manufactured by Ferry Porsche, Ferdinand’s son and it was known as the Porsche 365. The famous Porsche 911 was produced by Ferry’s son, Alexander. The Porsche 911 used a 6-cylinder engine and the rear engine was cooled by air. The company has been the first to introduce a number of automobile forms and by the year 2014, it was estimated that 42,323 units of Porsche had been sold worldwide. The company is presently owned by the Volkswagen group and has two subsidiaries called the Mieschke Hofmann und Partner and the Porsche Consulting Group.
Porsche cars in India became a reality in the year 2004 and about 1052 cars have been sold in all of India until 2018. 85% of these units are the Cayenne SUV Models. All forms of luxury vehicles are manufactured by this company which has its headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Presently, about 5 new models of Porsche cars are out for business in the market. The Macan is the cheapest model with a price tag of Rs. 80.38 lakh and the Porsche Panamera is the most expensive model priced at Rs. 2.09 crore.
- Porsche Panamera:
The Porsche Panamera has two variants knows as the Porsche Panamera and the Porsche Panamera Turbo priced at Rs. 1.93 crore and Rs. 2.09 crore. Both these versions use petrol and there are plans to release the diesel-fuelled cars in the latter part of this year. The Porsche Panamera has the following specifications:
- Engine: 4.0-liter Twin Turbo 680bhp V8 Petrol Engine
- The engine produces a maximum power of 680bhp
- The engine provides a maximum torque of 850 Nm
- With a cargo volume of 405-liters, the car can seat up to 5 people
- There are 8 cylinders in the engine with 4 valves in every cylinder
- The gearbox is of the 8-speed type and the car has Automatic Transmission.
- The Fuel Supply is achieved by Direct Injection and has a DOHC Valve Configuration
- The Driver Type used in the car is AWD.
It is the cheapest Porsche models available in India and was launched way back in 2016. The variants available in this model are the Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo Performance, and Macan 2L. The Macan 2L has been priced at Rs. 80.38 lakh and is the cheapest. The competitors of the Porsche Macan are the BMW X4, the BMW X5, the Ford Mustang, the Volvo XC90 , the Audi TT, and the Audi Q7.Some of the specifications of the Porsche Macan are:
- Engine: 3.6-liter 440bhp V6 Petrol Engine
- Maximum power produced is 440bhp at 6000 pm
- Maximum torque produced is 600 Nm
- The car can seat up to 5 people and has a cargo volume of 450 litres
- There are 6 cylinders in the engine with 4 valves in each cylinder
- The Gear Box is of 7-speed and Direct Injection Type is used for Fuel Supply in the car.
- The engine displacement is 3604 cc and the transmission is automatic.
- The maximum speed of the car is 272 kmph and the car can accelerate from 0-100 kmph in 4.4 seconds.
- The overall mileage is 10.52 kmpl and the Highway Mileage is 12.82 kmpl.
Porsche Cars are a dream for many an automobile enthusiast due to their close attention to minute details and engine specifications. they have been able to maintain a constant market in India which shows that they are dedicated to good quality cars as well as amazing customer service. Porsche Car Prices might be a little overwhelming but that does not stop the luxury car enthusiasts from adding another luxury car to their collection.